Thursday, September 11, 2008

What do you remember?

Did you wake up today thinking about where you were when you first heard that airplanes had struck the World Trade Towers?

I was unsure what to post tonight--wasn't sure I was even going to, but as I drove home this evening it struck me. What happened to us?! There are many things I remember about September 11, 2001 and the days, weeks, and months after. Collectively, as a nation, we were connected, undivided and angry. We all went about our lives differently for the first months after the attacks. I think we cared. I think we, as a nation, cared about our fellow citizens across the country regardless of race or creed or political affiliation. Where is that know?!

I don't want to proselytize or commentate. September 11, 2001 should be remembered for what it was. A national tragedy, an unnecessary loss of human lives, a cheap-shot at Mother Liberty from those who fear and envy us.

Film is the reason for this blog and so I'll focus. Hope these reviews will give you pause to consider.

No comments: