Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Rant

Day in, day out, I see my boss' daughter come in from school dressed in an assortment of outfits. Apparently, her school has 'theme days' every freakin' day of the week. 80's day, pajama day, backwards day, dumb-ass day. {Made the last one up. Surprised?!} I don't get it. When is learn something day?

Granted, I don't have children; so the first conclusion is I don't know what the Hades I'm talking about. However, having interacted with this kid (and others) from this community, I'm seriously concerned. What skills are children actually learning in school today? Other than tolerance and how to test well on the TCAPs?

Isn't anyone concerned? Are parents worried? Hades, aren't parents SUPPOSED to worry about this kind of thing? I'm not for not having fun at school, but an atmosphere of education should be fostered first--not 80s day.

So, I heard on NPR {too late, I've already been chastised for listening to it} that the main concern of the class of '08 in this year's election is our economy. Question: Did you come to that conclusion because your professor or the media told you to? No, I will not give you the benefit of the doubt.

I think that's funny. For years now, it's been Iraq (according to NPR's reporter). The class of '08 is concerned about Social Security. "I expect the government to take care of me." I almost had wreck when that came out of some grad student's mouth. Excuse me. What makes you so damn privileged?!

I suppose I wouldn't find it so amusing, if I could understand what they were so concerned about. The economy. You should have to use air quotes when you say that--oh, and look stern. "The Economy" Sure, my economy could be more stimulated. But it's not. I like to think that "The Economy" is righting itself after becoming so bloated. Maybe it will get worse before it gets better, so what. You'll keep on buying and keep on worrying. It's the American way.

On a little more personal note, my left pinkie it totally spastic. I haven't heard about any Rock Band-itis going around, but my pinkie--it's weird. Kinda freaky--might make for a good party trick though.

Yeah, I don't know the purpose of this entry. It kinda sucks. It is what it is. At least I can delete it later. Really the action is elsewhere. Those who know, know where to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked this blog. I actually agreed with ya, LOL!