Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Killers (2009)

Overheard at The Killers concert:

  • You want some of my coke?
  • I hate the saxophone. It's got to be the worst musical instrument ever.
  • Kiss your date.
  • I aint kissing Steve.
  • If this is a bunch of gays, I'm outta here.
  • I've got 325 TV channels and I'm here?!
  • I could be home playing Rock Band.

If anything, The Killers concert at the Opry House was a riotous bliss. Brandon Flowers and Co rocked the house with a set that included 9 of their newest tracks from Day and Age and all their hits. Playing to a comfortably packed house and an audience that could sing along to every song, The Killers brought an infectious intensity that rocked the House.

Flowers is an engaging frontman seemingly playing to each audience member. Emerging with the now infamous {I like it} feathered jacket, Flowers didn't waste a minute.

What a memory! Neon Tiger and Joy Ride take on new meaning and The Killers cement themselves {in my eyes} as a {more than} legitimate band since they can play live so well. You should've been there.

Special shout-out to my companions for the evening!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jess, but the Killers only performed EIGHT songs off their new album. They didn't perform Dustland Fairytale or Goodnight, Travel Well. But the concert rocked none of the less. It was the best night of my life! His jacket does rule and they know how to work the crowd!

I love the quotes by the way! Whoever hates the Sax probably hates all their new songs!

By the way, what did YOU think of M83?