Sunday, January 4, 2015

Read Harder in 2015

What started as a resolution to track all of the books I read for one year became a reading challenge where I digested 52 books in 52 weeks.  I was pleased with the results even though at times it felt like more of a chore.  Still, I was committed and failure was not an option.  Thus success was mine in 2014.

While wondering what to do next in 2015, I stumbled upon this challenge.  Game on.

I will chart my progress through the challenge here as well as Good Reads.  My interest in bookriot's challenge is simple.  I admire the thought process behind bookriot's id of pressing your boundaries and pushing past your personal norm--reading harder.  I dread the audio book task and probably the sci-fi task the most.  What the hell is a microhistory, anyway?!

24 tasks equates to two a month. Deceptively easy, I think.  Along with this challenge, I aim to read a childhood favorite series through to completion.  I will be with you soon, Anne of Green Gables.

No comments: