Friday, July 3, 2009

the things you see in Cullowhee

Day one: Lady and I arrived in this small mountain town mid-morning. I knew I loved this town the first time I saw it because...get this... they have signs ENCOURAGING U-turns! The weather couldn't have been better. Mild, sunny, and beautiful! Setting up our wares was a new take on an old favorite. Looks and smells amazing. Although we are surrounded by older, mainly retired folks and a few cavorting soccer moms, the mountain festival set is always filled with interesting people. Erik's back. By 9p.m. EST, we are tucked safely away in the affectionately named Hatchet Inn. {If you've seen horror movies, you know what I'm talking about.} The University Inn is a series of rooms in and on the mountains out here. Gloriously secluded, you could {in theory} be hacked to death and never found.

No comments: