Thursday, May 28, 2009

Come back to me.

It's not the same since he's been gone. I spend more time with him than any other and I miss him. He makes me feel special and I miss the way he envelopes me each morning, ready for the day's adventure. I miss the way he smells mid-afternoon after the sun has beat down on him all day. The touch of warm leather, the clear melodies emitting from the speakers. I miss the way he cradles the road... strong and silent. It's been three days since Alfred went into intensive care and I want him back.

In his stead, is a cheap little number--a 2009 Hyundai Sonata. Don't slam the doors!! They might fall off. Sure, it may be new, but it screams average and Alfred knows I'm a whole lot more than average. It's some champagne gold color. I feel exposed, cheapened, less human.

Alfred, for the love of God, come back to me!! Until then, I remain humiliated--less than average in an average world.

2 comments:

Mister Crossfire said...

Didn't quite know where that was going at first....lol.

backrowecritic said...

My apologies... that was cruel.