Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Guarding Tess (1994)

In my defense, a 'friend' recommended this one. Even gave me the copy to borrow. Yeah, I don't know if I consider them a friend now. This is just stupid.

The premise is simple. Insane Shirley MacLaine stars as a widowed former President's wife. Nicolas Cage is the Secret Service Agent in charge of protecting her. They don't get along. Surprise!! But it's all a front to prevent each other from knowing that they really care. It doesn't take much to jump the shark with this one. Some ill-planned coup to kidnap and ransom Tess (MacLaine) hardly gets off the ground. What a waste of time!!

This is pathetic. Maybe back in the day (1994) this was consider good. As I see it, every available copy should be burned. Then again, those were VHS back in the day--they're decomposing as I blog. Maybe there is a God.

No comments: