Monday, September 28, 2009

Clue (1985)

Wadsworth (Tim Curry) the butler is our host for the evening.  Alongside Col. Mustard, Prof. Plum (Christopher Lloyd), Mrs. White (Madeline Kahn), Miss Scarlett (Lesley Ann Warren), Mr. Green, and Mrs. Peacock, you must investigate the creepy mansion to discover who killed Mr. Boddy and live to tell it all.

Inspired by the Parker Bros camp, Clue is a goofy whodunit that is suprisingly solid.  The humor is smart, swarmy, and often slap-stick.  Tim Curry leads an emsemble cast that makes the movie incredibly fun.  Madeline Kahn is a hoot!  The hectic pace keeps everyone on their toes.  Add dialouge that works on several levels and you've got a gem.

As I see it, Clue is a melodramatic riot!  It's a perfect blend of 80s cheese.  I loved every minute of it.

3 comments:

StormTrance said...

Clue is freakin GREAT! Hilarious! I LOVE IT!

backrowecritic said...

Matt, you never cease to amaze me! Tim Curry so makes this movie.

Mister Crossfire said...

I think I should probably revisit this one. It's been decades.