Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Autumn Sabbatical Ramblings

Can't imagine a better way to observe Veteran's Day than by writing about two 'old' things I've fallen in love with...

Pipes: Wait, wait! I know tobacco is not good for you, but pipes are cool. I'm sure my feelings derive from childhood memories. Have you notice some of the young gents today? Notice them smoking pipes? It's oddly sexy, lung cancer be damned. {You can laugh now.} People who smoke pipes carry themselves in a different manner--and not in a Fred Rogers cardigan sort of way, neither.

Hot Water Bottle: This is an essential old people item. I mean this is what you find next to the Vick's Vap-o-rub, and Fixodent. Let me tell you. When you're sick, it's like blessings from heaven. Now, I'm talking the old, extinct kind of water bottle made from actual tree rubber. It's that funky red-orange color with the stopper. Since I've been sick, I don't sleep without it. Fill it up with near boiling water, place in small of back, or just cuddle with it. Sweet Lord.

Rockin' old school...that's just how I roll...

No comments: