Friday, December 28, 2007

In the beginning...

Years ago, I discovered movies. It was 90s. It was Titanic. It was the special editions of Star Wars. It was being enveloped by blackness and then surrounded by stories. Movies took me places I'd never been. {Still do} Movies evoke emotion that I don't feel everyday. Movies are an escape. In the dark of the theatre I can be anyone.

My one goal for this blog is to chronicle the movies I see throughout 2008. I am unabashed in my love for film. That love knows no bounds. That love compels me to see one film five times during opening weekend {Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End}. That love compels me to disdain the Star Wars prequels. That love compels me to appreciate Rogers & Hammerstein, Wes Anderson and Stanley Kubrick. That love makes my heart soar at the sound of John Williams, Howard Shore and Hans Zimmer; it causes me to worship George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.

Let me welcome you to my world... as I see it.

No comments: